Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Time for a new community playthrough? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/19024-time-new-community-playthrough.html)

Kurufinwe 02-28-2007 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacog (Post 394538)
How much time till we do the playthrough?

I'm not sure. Not everyone is going to have the game close at hand; some people will have to get their copy somewhere, others may want to buy it, so there'll be some time between the moment when the game is chosen and the moment when we start (maybe a week or two?); and the first segment will be over a rather long period of time (one week for chapter 1 of Faust, or the first half of the first chapter of GK2, etc.) so that people can get used to the game, make general comments on it, and also so that people get a chance to catch up if they couldn't start at the same time as everyone else. But I don't want to get started too late, so we should make a final decision concerning the game soon (today or tomorrow, ideally).

jacog 02-28-2007 03:24 AM

Will order whatever it is as soon as it's decided, but mail sometimes takes very long to get here unfortunately so no garuantees.

Fien 02-28-2007 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurufinwe (Post 394537)
Speaking of Faust, people in Europe can get it cheap from amazon UK, and the multilingual DVD version even cheaper.

I read somewhere that they mixed up the video and audio files on the Faust DVD near the end, with the result that the player sees one ending and hears a second one.

Kurufinwe 02-28-2007 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fienepien (Post 394543)
I read somewhere that they mixed up the video and audio files on the Faust DVD near the end, with the result that the player sees one ending and hears a second one.

I know. :D

(and you have the solution to the problem in the thread's last post)

Fien 02-28-2007 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurufinwe (Post 394545)
I know. :D

(and you have the solution to the problem in the thread's last post)

That's great! I have the DVD.

This is what someone at another forum wrote about the problem, in december 2002:

I emailed Cryo about it and they asked me to return the DVD and they sent me a new one. It was the same way. I emailed them again and they said they were all like that. They wouldn't even tell me which audio and video tracks were mixed up so I couldn't copy the game to the hard drive and rename the files so they'd play correctly.

Bad Cryo... :devil:

jacog 02-28-2007 04:59 AM

Plaf, none of the available copies of Faust on Amazon US or UK will ship here. Guess I will retract my vote for Faust,

amarriner 02-28-2007 08:14 AM

I'll throw a vote to Flight of the Amazon Queen or Full Throttle, though they're pretty far down right now. :)

If any others win, I'll _try_ to buy them and follow along.

Gonchi 02-28-2007 08:27 AM

I'm in if it's GK3 or Sanitarium, since I don't have Faust and I'm on the final disc of GK2.

Journeyman 02-28-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bresto (Post 394471)
ive just finished gabriel knight 1, and i have the other two ready to go.

i'll put in a vote for gabriel knight 2, unless of course you guys think that playing them out of order wouldn't matter, in which case i'll vote for number 3 as well!

There are a few vague reference in GK3, which may give away a little of what happened in GK2.

I'm playing GK3 right now, and I'm about 2/3 through, but been stuck for a couple of days now. If you guys catch up, then I would like to join.

bigjko 02-28-2007 09:03 AM

I'm up for Full Throttle or Grim Fandango (although, I'm not so sure I can get GF running on Mac.)

akane_t 02-28-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by After a brisk nap (Post 394459)
I mentioned Amber: Journeys Beyond...

I only repeat it because that list might come in handy for future community playthroughs, too.

Isn't Amber one of those games that cannot be played on Windows XP though? That might prevent a lot of people from getting involved. Here's another vote for GK2 or GK3.

CoyoteAG 02-28-2007 11:09 AM

I'm definitely interested in that. I vote for Faust because I haven't played it in ages. I don't remember liking it all that much but maybe I just need to give it another try.

I love GK3 but I literally just re-played it a few months ago. I'll play it again with you fine folks but I'd rather play something else.

Panthera 02-28-2007 11:19 AM

I could order Faust, but I need at least two weeks for it to ship here..

Edit: Since Norway isn't part of the EU I can't import the game.. :(

MadTricks 02-28-2007 12:44 PM

I would like to play Full Throttle, Runaway or Amerzone

All of them I haven't completed...so it would be great.

Kurufinwe 03-01-2007 02:31 PM

OK, I guess it'll be Faust then. Lots of things to discuss. :)

We start in a week or so.

Melanie68 03-01-2007 02:51 PM

WOO! :D

damn all caps...

makini 03-01-2007 03:07 PM

Sounds like a great plan :D

colpet 03-01-2007 03:13 PM

:) Dusts off her Win 98 tower ........

makini 03-01-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colpet (Post 394970)
:) Dusts off her Win 98 tower ........

I think I'll have to dig mine out from my closet as well ;)

colpet 03-01-2007 03:18 PM

Hope no one minds, but I put an invite out at GB and JA as well. The more the merrier!