Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Needed - Questions for "Once Upon a Time in Japan" Adventure Game Newsletter (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/16934-needed-questions-once-upon-time-japan-adventure-game-newsletter.html)

Once A Villain 09-17-2006 12:17 PM

Needed - Questions for "Once Upon a Time in Japan" Adventure Game Newsletter

The first newsletter is coming soon for our samurai adventure title, Once Upon a Time in Japan. In the future, we will be choosing new questions for the newsletters through email submissions. For now, however, we'd like to request that submissions be made in this thread. So, if there are any questions that any of you have, please write your question here and we will choose some for our newsletter. Also, if you don't mind, please give your name. If you don't want to put your full name, a first name and the first initial of your last would suffice. Thanks.

DocBass 09-17-2006 01:29 PM

Hey guys, I'm the other half of the ownership of the studio. It would be a huge help for us if you could ask any questions you might have about the upcoming game. This will be a regular column in the newsletter as my friend here mentioned, but since this is our first one we really appreciate anyone taking the time to ask something that might interest them. Looking forward to your questions and thanks a bunch!!

DocBass 09-17-2006 05:22 PM

Come on folks anything is welcome. :) You may also email questions to info AT abborado DOT com.

Once A Villain 09-17-2006 08:28 PM

We understand that it's difficult to get excited at all about an adventure game you've seen nothing of, but we are gearing up for our official announcement next month that includes screenshots, the new website launch, and the newsletter. We would greatly appreciate anyone remotely interested in the new game to ask any question they desire. We are looking to build a strong developer-customer relationship and we see the Q&A section as the first step towards that goal.

Junkface 09-18-2006 02:33 AM

I'd be interested hear some details on the style of gameplay. For instance are you focused on providing a lot of opportunities for interaction with the enviroment, what sort of role do puzzles play and what degree of non-linearity can we expect? Technically that's really three questions, but really I just want to know what your priorities with gameplay are. My first name is Chris, if that's necessary.

Melanie68 09-18-2006 06:39 AM

I was wondering what kind of interface you would be using? That may be part of Junkface's question.

Melanie

DocBass 09-18-2006 09:12 AM

Thanks for these. Keep 'em coming folks. :D

DocBass 09-18-2006 05:06 PM

Just a few more and we will be good.

Ask away! :7

Spricee 09-18-2006 05:25 PM

What's the closest game you can compare to it? And what's the general tone of the game (like serious or humorous)?

- JJ.

DocBass 09-18-2006 07:09 PM

Thanks for that one. We really appreciate these questions and all three work for this first newsletter since almost no info is announced.

We are looking for one more good question.

stinking_dylan 09-19-2006 02:28 AM

What time period is the game based in? Is it a historical dramatisation, or a fantasy?

JohnGreenArt 09-19-2006 03:44 AM

Will there be a Mac version?

DocBass 09-19-2006 11:47 AM

Thank you everyone, this is perfect for now. :)

stuboy 09-19-2006 12:53 PM

Do I get to KICK TEH NOOBS ASSES with 1337 SAMURAI SWORDS? ;)

rtrooney 09-19-2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBass
Just a few more and we will be good.

Ask away! :7

I may have missed it, but I've not seen a synopsis of the game, so it's hard to ask a good question. Ergo, my first question would be "What's it about?"

wildcat 09-20-2006 03:10 PM

Also, why set the game in Japan?

Once A Villain 09-20-2006 04:35 PM

Those last two questions get answered in the newsletter before we even get to the Q&A section. :)