Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Adventure Game Sound..uh game (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/16402-adventure-game-sound-uh-game.html)

Kurufinwe 01-28-2012 08:29 AM

I think I might have played that, but maybe not. The Whispered World?

diego 01-28-2012 09:24 AM

I don't think so, it sound 90s-ish to me. Or maybe something from a Blackwell series?

Oscar 01-28-2012 02:59 PM

Wild guess, Zork Nemesis?

inm8#2 01-28-2012 10:41 PM

Almost sounds like a mixture of Danny Elfman and Philip Glass.

I'll guess Broken Sword 2.

TimovieMan 01-29-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inm8#2 (Post 599263)
Almost sounds like a mixture of Danny Elfman and Philip Glass.

That's not a bad comparison...

No clue about which game it is, so my random guess is Clandestiny.

Shany 01-29-2012 05:24 AM

None of these guesses are correct, I'm afraid.

This piece is from a recent game. It's being sold on the Adventure Shop if that's any help :).
The developer is not Kheops nor Sierra. However, I've used quite a bit of music from this developer when I made my music trivia.

If these vague hints aren't enough I'll post a new piece from the same game in a few hours.

diego 01-29-2012 01:53 PM

Well... since you mentioned it, is it Telltale? Recentish... hmm... Hector?

Kurufinwe 01-29-2012 02:18 PM

I also went back to see what Shany had used, and indeed found a lot of Telltale, but I was convinced that they weren't on the Adventure Shop. But it turns out they are.

And yet it doesn't seem to fit any Telltale game I can think of. Argh.

Random guess: Puzzle Agent? (Doesn't sound like it at all, but that's the best I can think of.)

MoP 01-29-2012 02:34 PM

Damn, the tune sounded so familiar I was sure I had to have played this game. Yet the only Telltale on my list is the first season of Sam & Max, so I guess I'll get that out of the way... obviously doesn't sound like it at all either though (sounded like something from The Dig to me at first).

inm8#2 01-29-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shany (Post 599271)
This piece is from a recent game...The developer is not Kheops nor Sierra.

Sierra has developed recent adventure games!?!?!?! WHHHAAAAAAAAA!?!?!??!

Shany 01-29-2012 03:20 PM

Kurufinwe is very very close.
I'd like a location too, though, if anyone wants to guess :).

(so yes, it is from a Telltale game. My frequent use of Telltale's music is mainly thanks to Bgbennyboy's "Telltale music extractor", and the fact that I like their soundtracks).

Here's another piece, just for fun:
http://kiwi6.com/file/j1bry6a4o8

Quote:

Sierra has developed recent adventure games!?!?!?! WHHHAAAAAAAAA!?!?!??!
We wish...

Oscar 01-29-2012 03:28 PM

I would have guessed Puzzle Agent or Hector before this, but since those have been guessed already....Wallace & Gromit?

Kurufinwe 01-29-2012 03:36 PM

If it's from Puzzle Agent 2, I haven't played it, so don't count on me for the location...

Shany 01-30-2012 05:13 AM

Yep, it's from PA2.
Since it seems few of you have played it I'll reveal that the first track is heard when Nelson is solving puzzles in 'Space', and the second is from a cutscene where the Secret Service arrives at Scoggins.

I love the 'Space' music. It doesn't sound like the rest of the music in the game (or in any Telltale game), but it fits the location and atmosphere well.

Your turn, Kurufinwe.

Kurufinwe 01-30-2012 08:32 AM

I agree that the first track really doesn't sound Telltale-ish. I'd never have guessed it without the hints. I might play Puzzle Agent 2 at some point — but probably not.

New one! I've given up trying to guess whether it'll prove difficult or not, so we'll just have to see what happens.

diego 01-30-2012 09:51 AM

Definitely not Kheops. That leaves us with Sierra. But ok, maybe you cheated this time, maybe it's Lucas Arts. I don't know, something like Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?

Kurufinwe 01-30-2012 10:23 AM

No, Shany broke the chain. It's over now. :P

And not The Last Crusade either. There was indeed something somewhat similar playing in the Zeppelin (inspired by the movie soundtrack), but that's not it.

Oscar 01-30-2012 04:16 PM

Sounds like a poor imitation of some of Michael Land's work for Lucasarts.

Flight of the Amazon Queen?

diego 01-30-2012 04:28 PM

Actually, i remember i kinda liked the music in FOTAQ. That's also thanx in part to my amazement of MIDI's Wavetable synthesis on my AWE32.

Kurufinwe 01-30-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 599328)
Sounds like a poor imitation of some of Michael Land's work for Lucasarts.

Flight of the Amazon Queen?

No. Actually, we're talking about a composer who's slightly older than Land, started working in the video game industry before him, and composed a very major soundtrack on the same year as Monkey Island was released.

(The track I used is from a slightly more recent game, however.)