Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Runaway 2 - trailer (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/12341-runaway-2-trailer.html)

PolloDiablo 12-16-2005 05:21 AM

Runaway 2 - trailer

As a special Christmas gift, Pendulo Studios has released a Runaway 2 trailer. In it, we see Brian sing an X-mas song, which some unknown person in the audience does not seem to appreciate much ;) . This scene is followed by short outtakes from several scenes in the game.

The trailer can be downloaded from here:

Official German Site
Worthplaying
Adventure-EU
AdventureCorner

Jackal 12-16-2005 07:06 AM

I've gotta say, I groaned when I thought it was yet another musical trailer, but luckily Brian's audience felt the same way. :D

Nice to see so much footage of the game.

fov 12-16-2005 07:36 AM

Ha! That intro was totally cute. :D

The game's looking stylish as ever. I wonder if that's one of the songs that will be featured in the game.

EDIT: It's also interesting to me that the trailer is in English even though it was released by the German publisher (dtp).

Jackal 12-16-2005 08:00 AM

It was also released by Focus Interactive (French publisher), so this seems to be Pendulo's trailer, and the various publishers are simply publicizing it without localizing.

Kurufinwe 12-16-2005 11:09 AM

Wow. That looked nice. So much better than boring polygons, real-time or otherwise. :9~

Too bad the first game was too awful for me to even consider getting this one.

Melanie68 12-16-2005 12:08 PM

I've not played the first one (and am a little wary about doing so), I would definitely consider getting this one.:)

Lucien21 12-16-2005 12:15 PM

Looks excellent.

Can't wait until it gets released. :9~

eriq 12-16-2005 12:15 PM

I couldn't stand the theme song in the first game but this new one sounds GREAT and the gameplay/graphics look as beautiful as the first. I can't wait to play! I got into Runaway a bit after it was released and finally beat the game. Quite a treat.

The talent at Pendulo Studios makes me wish they'd tackle more properties. A dark fantasy adventure would be killer with their graphic and animation talents.

I noticed quite a few graphic tricks in this trailer. Notice how Brian's visage looks through the glass when he's coming down the stairs in that one scene wearing the orange tank top. If that's done while you're actually playing... WOW!

Henke 12-18-2005 07:17 AM

Looks good, but the music they have put in the trailer... :shifty: I think the beginning is fun when Brian plays Jingle Bells, but when the music starts... :shifty: I really hope that isn't part of the soundtrack, that would ruin a great deal for me. Really, what are they thinking? :shifty:

natalia 12-18-2005 07:30 AM

I liked the first one, and thought all of the crazy characters were a hoot. Looks like we're in for a fresh batch of funny characters in this one. I'm looking forward to it!

Dasilva 12-18-2005 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henke
Looks good, but the music they have put in the trailer... :shifty: I think the beginning is fun when Brian plays Jingle Bells, but when the music starts... :shifty: I really hope that isn't part of the soundtrack, that would ruin a great deal for me. Really, what are they thinking? :shifty:

Maybe the band paid them for their music to be featured in the trailer.

RLacey 12-18-2005 09:51 AM

Hmm. Talk about a particularly bad version of Generic Pop Song 3™...

Mind you, it is about a million times preferable to the original's theme, which would easily walk away with the "Worst Title Theme Ever" award, beating even the atrocious song that was 007: Nightfire... :r

Henke 12-18-2005 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
Hmm. Talk about a particularly bad version of Generic Pop Song 3™...

Mind you, it is about a million times preferable to the original's theme, which would easily walk away with the "Worst Title Theme Ever" award, beating even the atrocious song that was 007: Nightfire... :r

I don't agree at all. I don't remember exactly how the theme to the original game sounded, but this is worse, MUCH worse. This sounds like Backstreet Boys or something like that, but even worse. :shifty:

RLacey 12-18-2005 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henke
I don't agree at all. I don't remember exactly how the theme to the original game sounded, but this is worse, MUCH worse. This sounds like Backstreet Boys or something like that, but even worse. :shifty:

I disagree on the grounds that the original theme was obviously a rush translation job. The words didn't fit with the melody at all. I believe it went something like "Runaway, any way you can..." (incidentally, out of tune), and the whole thing was so rushed in order to fit the words in that it had me wanting to tear my ears off. And I'm only just exaggerating about this. The sequel's theme may be heavily generic and uninspired, but it's not as badly written and cringe-inducing to listen to.

squarejawhero 12-18-2005 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
Wow. That looked nice. So much better than boring polygons, real-time or otherwise. :9~

Too bad the first game was too awful for me to even consider getting this one.

The characters are 3D.

Cheerios 12-18-2005 04:41 PM

Dang it, I gotta finish the first game before this comes out... :crazy:

Henke 12-18-2005 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLacey
I disagree on the grounds that the original theme was obviously a rush translation job. The words didn't fit with the melody at all. I believe it went something like "Runaway, any way you can..." (incidentally, out of tune), and the whole thing was so rushed in order to fit the words in that it had me wanting to tear my ears off. And I'm only just exaggerating about this. The sequel's theme may be heavily generic and uninspired, but it's not as badly written and cringe-inducing to listen to.

I really believe I prefer a song with bad vocals but bearable music then the song in this trailer (but now I have to play the first game only to listen to the music again). :D

But I guess this can partly be due to my personal taste, but is it really only me who thinks it doesn't even fit the game at all? :shifty: Well I guess the only thing that matters is the game itself but this was really to much for me as far as music goes. :shifty:

shraz 12-19-2005 01:09 AM

i liked the 1st runaway music

littleguybrush 12-19-2005 01:47 AM

Nice trailer, great graphics. Oh and I liked the runaway song of the first game. Nothing wrong with it.

eriq 12-19-2005 07:47 AM

wow this thread has become the "I hate Runaway music" thread. LOL.

Hated the first game's music. ugh! terrible song. And an even more horrid singer (that was "incendentally out of tune" as RLacey put it.) :D

But this one... eh.. not bad. I think it fits the trailer nicely. It certainly doesn't bother me like the first game. It has a retro summer secret agent spy backstreet boy thing going on. groovy. lol.