You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Runaway 2 - trailer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2005, 05:21 AM   #1
Chicken with a bite

Default Runaway 2 - trailer

As a special Christmas gift, Pendulo Studios has released a Runaway 2 trailer. In it, we see Brian sing an X-mas song, which some unknown person in the audience does not seem to appreciate much . This scene is followed by short outtakes from several scenes in the game.

The trailer can be downloaded from here:

Official German Site
Worthplaying
Adventure-EU
AdventureCorner
Old 12-16-2005, 07:06 AM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

I've gotta say, I groaned when I thought it was yet another musical trailer, but luckily Brian's audience felt the same way.

Nice to see so much footage of the game.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:36 AM   #3
fov
Rattenmonster

Ha! That intro was totally cute.

The game's looking stylish as ever. I wonder if that's one of the songs that will be featured in the game.

EDIT: It's also interesting to me that the trailer is in English even though it was released by the German publisher (dtp).
Old 12-16-2005, 08:00 AM   #4
Hopeful skeptic

It was also released by Focus Interactive (French publisher), so this seems to be Pendulo's trailer, and the various publishers are simply publicizing it without localizing.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:09 AM   #5

Wow. That looked nice. So much better than boring polygons, real-time or otherwise.

Too bad the first game was too awful for me to even consider getting this one.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 12-16-2005, 12:08 PM   #6
Super Moderator

I've not played the first one (and am a little wary about doing so), I would definitely consider getting this one.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:15 PM   #7
Psychonaut

Looks excellent.

Can't wait until it gets released.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:15 PM   #8
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

I couldn't stand the theme song in the first game but this new one sounds GREAT and the gameplay/graphics look as beautiful as the first. I can't wait to play! I got into Runaway a bit after it was released and finally beat the game. Quite a treat.

The talent at Pendulo Studios makes me wish they'd tackle more properties. A dark fantasy adventure would be killer with their graphic and animation talents.

I noticed quite a few graphic tricks in this trailer. Notice how Brian's visage looks through the glass when he's coming down the stairs in that one scene wearing the orange tank top. If that's done while you're actually playing... WOW!

Last edited by eriq; 12-16-2005 at 12:27 PM.
Old 12-18-2005, 07:17 AM   #9
Headbanger

Looks good, but the music they have put in the trailer... I think the beginning is fun when Brian plays Jingle Bells, but when the music starts... I really hope that isn't part of the soundtrack, that would ruin a great deal for me. Really, what are they thinking?
Old 12-18-2005, 07:30 AM   #10
Mrs. Bear

Send a message via AIM to natalia

I liked the first one, and thought all of the crazy characters were a hoot. Looks like we're in for a fresh batch of funny characters in this one. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 12-18-2005, 09:32 AM   #11
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
Looks good, but the music they have put in the trailer... I think the beginning is fun when Brian plays Jingle Bells, but when the music starts... I really hope that isn't part of the soundtrack, that would ruin a great deal for me. Really, what are they thinking?

Maybe the band paid them for their music to be featured in the trailer.

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 12-18-2005, 09:51 AM   #12
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Hmm. Talk about a particularly bad version of Generic Pop Song 3™...

Mind you, it is about a million times preferable to the original's theme, which would easily walk away with the "Worst Title Theme Ever" award, beating even the atrocious song that was 007: Nightfire...

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 12-18-2005, 02:21 PM   #13
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
Hmm. Talk about a particularly bad version of Generic Pop Song 3â„¢...

Mind you, it is about a million times preferable to the original's theme, which would easily walk away with the "Worst Title Theme Ever" award, beating even the atrocious song that was 007: Nightfire...
I don't agree at all. I don't remember exactly how the theme to the original game sounded, but this is worse, MUCH worse. This sounds like Backstreet Boys or something like that, but even worse.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:05 PM   #14
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henke
I don't agree at all. I don't remember exactly how the theme to the original game sounded, but this is worse, MUCH worse. This sounds like Backstreet Boys or something like that, but even worse.
I disagree on the grounds that the original theme was obviously a rush translation job. The words didn't fit with the melody at all. I believe it went something like "Runaway, any way you can..." (incidentally, out of tune), and the whole thing was so rushed in order to fit the words in that it had me wanting to tear my ears off. And I'm only just exaggerating about this. The sequel's theme may be heavily generic and uninspired, but it's not as badly written and cringe-inducing to listen to.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:15 PM   #15
Epinionated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurufinwe
Wow. That looked nice. So much better than boring polygons, real-time or otherwise.

Too bad the first game was too awful for me to even consider getting this one.
The characters are 3D.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:41 PM   #16
Good for your Heart!

Dang it, I gotta finish the first game before this comes out...
Old 12-18-2005, 06:50 PM   #17
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
I disagree on the grounds that the original theme was obviously a rush translation job. The words didn't fit with the melody at all. I believe it went something like "Runaway, any way you can..." (incidentally, out of tune), and the whole thing was so rushed in order to fit the words in that it had me wanting to tear my ears off. And I'm only just exaggerating about this. The sequel's theme may be heavily generic and uninspired, but it's not as badly written and cringe-inducing to listen to.
I really believe I prefer a song with bad vocals but bearable music then the song in this trailer (but now I have to play the first game only to listen to the music again).

But I guess this can partly be due to my personal taste, but is it really only me who thinks it doesn't even fit the game at all? Well I guess the only thing that matters is the game itself but this was really to much for me as far as music goes.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:09 AM   #18

i liked the 1st runaway music
Old 12-19-2005, 01:47 AM   #19

Nice trailer, great graphics. Oh and I liked the runaway song of the first game. Nothing wrong with it.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:47 AM   #20
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

wow this thread has become the "I hate Runaway music" thread. LOL.

Hated the first game's music. ugh! terrible song. And an even more horrid singer (that was "incendentally out of tune" as RLacey put it.)

But this one... eh.. not bad. I think it fits the trailer nicely. It certainly doesn't bother me like the first game. It has a retro summer secret agent spy backstreet boy thing going on. groovy. lol.