View Single Post
Old 11-20-2004, 03:03 PM   #11
Kolorabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br (well, Evan, actually)
You are, I'm sure, quite skeptical at this point, likely having either a) played the game's one-hour demo for five minutes and then told everyone that you played the full hour, or b) read the post of someone who accomplished a) and then claimed to have done it yourself.
I'm sure Evan didn't mean this to sound as nasty as it does. Maybe he is confusing the site's general readership with a few vocal forumites. I don't know, but it's really not very likely at all that a majority of the people who read this review have done either a or b. Most readers will probably not have played the game or said anything about it at all (I haven't played it, and I can't remember ever mentioning it on the AG-forum either).
Quote:
I was not at all happy with BeTrapped for about the first hour and a half that I played.

3 STARS for a game that wasn't very enjoyable for the first 90 minutes?
Hmm, this is interesting, since a (so-called) casual game that doesn't hook the player within the first half-hour is doomed to be a failure. The single most important thing for these games is that they're addictive right from the start.

Edit: Didn't notice that the quote was taken out of it's original context. Sorry about that, my mistake.

Last edited by Kolorabi; 11-20-2004 at 03:26 PM.