View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 10:01 AM   #71
fov
Rattenmonster

Why all the hostility? We have been discussing LSL: MCL on this forum for MONTHS. Thread starts up in the adventure forum and people ask me to move it to general gaming. I move it and people yell at me that it belongs in adventure. Clearly there is a lot of question about this game and what it really is - what's the harm in exploring that gray area in a (very enjoyable, well written) article?

The same is true of BeTrapped. It's been discussed exclusively in the adventure forum. It was on the Hype-O-Meter for months. Adventure fans are fond of Jane Jensen and are interested to know more about her project, its adventure roots, how it turned out and whether it's really an adventure. No one is forced to play it, and no one is forced to read the review either.

What I'm having the hardest time understanding is the hostility toward the people who work very hard to run this site. (Not talking about myself here, either.) Jack wrote a very interesting article that said what a lot of adventure fans have been waiting to find out. Evan works really hard to make AG the best site for this genre on the web. I get the feeling some people are angry at Just Adventure's decision to go in a certain direction and are taking it out on us (which makes no sense), or maybe it's just fun to pick fights. Whatever the reason, there is no justification for going around insulting the people who have worked so hard to bring you this site and its content. It's entirely possible to have an intelligent discussion about the content of this site without getting nasty. Have a little respect, and trust that AG's editor in chief (who has been involved in this site for a lot longer than most of us have been around) knows what the hell he's doing.

-emily