View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 03:47 PM   #20
SoccerDude28
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLacey
In what way are Microsoft greedy? Just because they are successful, doesn't suddenly make them wrong to charge money for a product that they have developed and which you are choosing to use. And is $200 really that much for a product that you will be using almost all the time? If they were charging $1000, I'd be far more concerned, but believe me when I say that I've spent more money than that on a computer program that I use far less often.

Piracy is piracy, and for both games and operating systems it is both illegal and wrong (though in the debate on abandonware the latter idea is less clear-cut).

Sorry to get hot under the collar about this .
Well first of all you really don't have much of a choice when it comes to an OS. Windows is the only viable OS to use to play games. Linux is far from close to be a platform to play games. But you got me wrong. I'm not complaining about the fact that 200$ is a lot or not (though I personally think it is. 200$ is a lot of money to spend on anything). What I'm complaining about is the fact that you cannot use an OS that comes with DELL on any other computer although you have already payed for it. So I'm ending up paying not 200 but 400 dollars just coz I have 2 computers. I believe, and please give me your opinion about this, that when I buy a piece of software, I should be able to use it on ALL My computers.

Okay let me reword my question for you, and anyone can give their opinion about this. Is it piracy, for ONE person to use the same software on multiple of his computers? Coz that same logic does not apply to DVD's nor to music CD's (I can go buy a music CD to listen to on my home stereo and car CD player). Opinions?

Firefox rules