View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 11:55 AM   #17
RLacey
The Thread™ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
You know from a different angle, I hate what the software companies are doing to fight piracy (especially Micro$oft). I bought a dell about 3 years ago and it came with Windows XP (which is part of the cost). I bought another computer recently without an OS coz I thought I already had an OS. But they said that the other OS can only work on a DELL computer, and I need to buy a new one. So I have to buy 2 copies of Windows coz I have 2 computers. Now windows costs 200 bucks (got it for 100 on ebay). How fair is that? It's like saying I have 2 DVD players so I need to buy two dvds of the same movie to watch them on those seperate players. You see what I'm trying to say. Companies like MS are greedy and sometimes I really feel they deserve what they get.
In what way are Microsoft greedy? Just because they are successful, doesn't suddenly make them wrong to charge money for a product that they have developed and which you are choosing to use. And is $200 really that much for a product that you will be using almost all the time? If they were charging $1000, I'd be far more concerned, but believe me when I say that I've spent more money than that on a computer program that I use far less often.

Piracy is piracy, and for both games and operating systems it is both illegal and wrong (though in the debate on abandonware the latter idea is less clear-cut).

Sorry to get hot under the collar about this .

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.