View Single Post
Old 10-10-2003, 09:59 AM   #4
Erkki
Umbilicus Mundi

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
I might be interested in writing, but I think perhaps this game might be a BIT too ambitious... It sounds like you've got some great ideas, but I honestly just can't see a project of this magnitude being completed entirely as a hobby.
It depends on how much into details the project would go. Some of the things I listed above would probably be left out(I think I shouldn't have posted all that).
In the design process we would need to decide what exactly should make it into the game and what should not. It would of course probably change later during developement, but I think it is important to identify at first the core features that define the game.

One thing I certainly want to have is good NPC AI that will allow for complex interactions with NPC's other than combat. And I plan to revolutionize how dialogues work in games

Oh. And the graphics should be 2D top down, if that requires the least work. I think it does, but I'm not experienced in 3D programming so I don't really know how much more work will it require.

Last edited by Erkki; 10-10-2003 at 10:05 AM.