View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 10:33 PM   #16
remixor
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadworm222
Oh, I forgot to mention Mr Bungle and Radiohead, though when it comes to Radiohead I only like thier latest album where they manage not to sound like... I don't know how to describe the sound in OK Computer/Kid A/Amnesiac. Maybe it's getting back to actually writing songs instead of just fooling around with Pro Tools that I like.
I'm not sure how you could consider OK Computer more songwritingy and less fooling aroundy than Hail to the Thief. With the only real exception of Fitter Happer, OK Computer doesn't have NEARLY as much of that wacky studio nonsense, and is one of the most coherent rock albums of the 90s. Are you sure you're thinking of the right album? (I mean that seriously, not mockingly) OK Computer has a pretty raw guitar sound most of the time. Anyway, I sort of agree with you about Kid A and Amnesiac. I still enjoy them but I think they were sort of Radiohead's "figuring out how all this shit works" albums. To me OK Computer is their "we ****ing know how to rock now" album and Hail to the Thief is their "we still know how to rock and also we can put in more wacky studio stuff too" album.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright