View Single Post
Old 10-09-2003, 05:51 PM   #5
Deshrill

Glad some people read the review! I just wanted to follow up on some of the comments...

I guess I can sort of understand the "messy MIDI" score criticism of Gabriel Knight; I personally like the score, but a few of the tracks tend to be too ambitious with using several different instruments at once. The LucasArts scores for the first two Monkey Island games sounded less cluttered than the GK score, but both games had catchy and memorable music IMHO.

As for running the games on Windows XP... I've had some problems. GK 1 in particular is annoying to run and tends to lock up in parts last time I played it. GK 2 ran without a problem, although a bug caused it to crash early in Chapter One when trying to go to someplace on the subway.

The acting in GK 2 is a bit melodramatic. I'm really puzzled why Grace was so much older in the game than the character was supposed to be. The actor that played Gabriel took himself too seriously, although I like the plot of the game (particularly all the information about German history).