Thread: Fox News
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 01:52 PM   #14
Sanjuro2
Movie Buff & Gamer

Send a message via AIM to Sanjuro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacardiJim
If it says anything, after debate #3, while every other network was calling the debate "fairly even" and trying to avoid any obvious bias, the talking heads at FOX News were gloating over Bush's "obvious victory." This, of course, despite the fact that the post-debate instant polls showed just the opposite. (CBS and CNN/USA Today/Gallup polls both giving Kerry a huge victory and the ABC poll calling it dead even. Interestingly, the ABC poll was 38% republicans and only 30% Democrats.)
I thought the last debate was pretty even. I thought it was a 1-1-1 record for both of them in the debates overall. Anyway, to clear something up though... That SAME Fox News panel you are talking about as being so biased, they weren't by any means after debate 1 and 2, so I don't think that's fair at all. After debate 1 they all said Bush lost. And even in debate 2, which I thought Bush won, they all said he lost! Only debate 3 did they all give Bush credit.
Töre: You see it, God, you see it. The innocent child's death and my revenge. You allowed it. I don't understand you. Yet now I beg your forgiveness. I know no other way to be reconciled with my own hands. I know no other way to live.

-Ingmar Bergman's The Virgin Spring (1960)