Thread: Fox News
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 07:50 AM   #11
jjacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek
It was completely baffling how aware those guys were of proper journalism and yet sacrificed so much to be on the campaign trail where the real news usually isn't.
Yeah I saw that too, "Journeys with George" (Bush thought of the name, saying to the reporter "Hey you could even spell it with a G!" LOL ). It was pretty funny to watch, if only to see the campaign trail, and pretty much the only thing missing was a drunk Bush giving an interview. It was also very obvious that Bush "matured" during the campaign, and slowly but surely became highly aware of his actions, words, and even posture. And did you see Bush's answer to one of her more serious questions? It was something like "Yeah but why should I vote for you? I'm not voting for myself but for the people who need it, so why should I vote for you?" and he answered something like "You've got to vote for me! Those stupid democrats with their retarded spending on idealog programs!" (don't recall the exact words but I had NEVER seen him so angry, it was a look right out of "The Shining"). But yeah it scared the hell out of me how it all worked: If a reporter asked ONE serious question, he'd be practically excluded from Bush for the rest of the campaign. And if Bush was to lose the election back then, most reporters and photographers would be on the streets, so it was actually in their own interest that their candidate won, which is pretty frickin' weird! The British reporter from BBC (I think) was the only one really aware of his bad reporting, he said something like "We didn't do our jobs, and the reporters on the Gore campaign were always publishing criticizing stuff about him, while we were here getting sweet talked and wrapped up by Bush" and you could tell he felt really guilty for not doing his job.

On-topic: Heh if you've also seen Control Room, it's pretty funny to compare the two news networks. Al-Jazeera is so much better than Fox in any possible way, yet it's considered as muslim propaganda or whatever by alot of people, while Fox calls itself "Fair and Balanced"

edit: Oh and O'Reilly is a creep, an utter creep. And this document on him is hilarious.

Last edited by jjacob; 10-15-2004 at 08:02 AM.