Thread: Fox News
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 07:19 AM   #9
Marek
Puts the 'e' in Mark

I guess you saw Outfoxed? I saw some clips of that. Anyway, yeah, it's pretty accurate, based on what FOX and Outfoxed I've seen. That show with O'Reilly is the worst offender by far (it's the one with the mike-cutting and whatnot). It's amazing how a news channel could ever be so biased. Even accepting the fact that they're biased, it's amazing they show it in such an overt way, and not sneak it in subtly so people don't notice.

Last night they did a rerun of that NBC documentary of Bush' 2000 campaign over here. As a documentary, it's completely worthless, but some of the quotes from the members of the press were pretty astonishing. I kept wanting to scream at the TV...

Reporter guy: "This is not news. This is just pictures. I haven't seen any news here since [insert some year]".
Me: "ARghh then what are you doing there?!"

Other reporter guy: "We're so close to the Bush campaign and yet we know nothing of what the people want. We should be talking to people, and campaign managers, and get other sources. But who will speak to them? Who will get their voice?"
Me: "YOU, YOU SON OF A BITCH. GET OFF THE DAMN PLANE RIGHT NOW."

*inhales* ...

It was completely baffling how aware those guys were of proper journalism and yet sacrificed so much to be on the campaign trail where the real news usually isn't.