Thread: Fox News
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2004, 06:17 AM   #7
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacardiJim
If it says anything, after debate #3, while every other network was calling the debate "fairly even" and trying to avoid any obvious bias, the talking heads at FOX News were gloating over Bush's "obvious victory." This, of course, despite the fact that the post-debate instant polls showed just the opposite. (CBS and CNN/USA Today/Gallup polls both giving Kerry a huge victory and the ABC poll calling it dead even. Interestingly, the ABC poll was 38% republicans and only 30% Democrats.)
I was kind of surprised when I went to FOX's website after the debate to see what people were saying, their internet poll showed that most of the people thought Kerry won--and by quite a large margin. I didn't think FOX's viewers were that capable of facing reality.

Of course, their TV programming is different. Somehow I don't think covering the debate with a special episode of Hannity & Quasimodo, er...I mean Holmes is quite as balanced as CNN's debate coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnar
In the program I watched, they had some polls on the knowledge of people who viewed different news channels and _that_ poll showed that Fox viewers had much more skewed views of reality than others. If the poll is accurate is another question.
That's true. FOX News viewers are more likely to believe things that aren't true about Iraq and are more likely to support the government. I can't think of the name of the group that did the study, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
What I've seen of the US media, especially during the hate-french phase (which may or may not still be in order), was really scary. You'd never see such a impressive amount of dumb patriotism, paranoia and misinformation here in France, and god (or whoever) knows that I hate our television.
Yeah, that was definitely a low point for America. I never thought I'd live to see the day that we have racism against the French. And that's not an exaggeration to call it racism. We're talking about hate. The real thing. That was pretty disgusting. I mean, I used to make a lot of jokes about France too, but it was all in good fun. Now they've taken all the fun out of it.

mag