View Single Post
Old 09-29-2004, 08:36 AM   #6
SoccerDude28
Homer of Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux
If it's done properly, it shouldn't be a hassle. And it can also bring a layer of strategy with it, as you can no longer just quicksave all the time, you have to think where you're going more carefully. But I agree that in some cases it can be a dreadful thing. But those are likely to be bad games anyway
Yeah but there is nothing worse than repeating several minutes worth of gameplay because of one wrong button move. And it's not only the crappy games that get this wrong. I will give ICO as an example because it is the latest game I've encountered that got this wrong. ICO is a beautiful game. But you sometimes wander around to try to find Yorda a passage. She can't obviously follow you everywhere and the thing is, if the dark spirits attack her, and take her hostage, you die. So sometimes you are like in another room, and the dark spirits attack. You go back and she's dead. So you have to back track again. Also the latter part of the game , the save system was non existent. I was getting tired and needed a break to save my game for the final encounter but no saves. I'd take the F6 and F9 quick save and load everyday.

Firefox rules