View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 10:36 AM   #63
Sanjuro2
Movie Buff & Gamer

Send a message via AIM to Sanjuro2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag
In my experience, the kind of overcompensation I see coming from so many Texans is little more than bravado. Such people tend to be the most frightened of all.
Heh. I adore comments like this. Makes me appreciate my heritage even more. These grudges against people who are happy with their history, and take pride in their state. No other state has that pride like Texas. And it makes people jealous. Nothing I can do about that.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to reply to this:

"This isn't a voting booth. This is a debate on an online message board. It doesn't matter who is ahead in the polls if you can't back up your reasons for supporting somebody. And if you don't think anybody's views matter then there's no point for you to even be posting in this thread."

Look, views matter, but your views aren't changing my mind, and my views will certainly not change your mind because if I've learned ANYTHING in my life, it's that facts to a liberal are like water to a cat. I have rolled out posts FILLED with facts (on far more important forums, politically, than those of Adventure Freakin' Gamers), and it doesn't change a thing. People believe what they believe. So all this time you waste backing yourself up, isn't changing anything. The same would be true for me, so I just save my energy...
Töre: You see it, God, you see it. The innocent child's death and my revenge. You allowed it. I don't understand you. Yet now I beg your forgiveness. I know no other way to be reconciled with my own hands. I know no other way to live.

-Ingmar Bergman's The Virgin Spring (1960)

Last edited by Sanjuro2; 09-18-2004 at 10:42 AM.