View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 02:15 AM   #34
Kolorabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Warrior Bob
Personally, I loved the Quest For Glory games, and they were a really good mix of Action & Adventure. Frankly, I wish there were more games like this, which gave equal time to adventure & action.
Me too. And as these games show, action in adventures isn't a new thing at all. I don't understand why people think so. Look at the other Sierra games - quite a lot of those included action sequences. Not always great action sequences, but still. LucasArts also made several adventures with action sequences, and some of these are considered to be classics by many people. The Tex Murphy games had action...

Action isn't a new & dangerous thing, it's been with the graphics adventure genre for as long as it's been around (KQ can be seen as having some degree of action, Below the Root definitely has action, Police Quest has it,....).

Anyway, I don't mind it as long as it's done well. I think there's room for both adventures without action and adventures with action, just like there's been for the last 20 years.