View Single Post
Old 10-05-2003, 02:55 AM   #113
Marek
Puts the 'e' in Mark

The game industry is virtually non-existent in Holland. There's Guerilla (formerly Lost Boys Games) which has a full staff, and there's Triumph Studios which has less than 10 employees if I remember correctly (probably 6 or-so). Playlogic/Khaeon seem promising, though I've not seen anything from them yet. Dreams Interactive has made some nice graphics for an MMORPG, but then again it's an MMORPG so it will most likely fail.

And those four are literally the only ones making full commercial games. I'm very frustrated with the unwillingness of the Dutch government to support this industry. For some reason Holland isn't investing anything in its cultural assets. (The same goes for our laughable movie 'industry'.) It's also unbelievingly hard to get any funding for a game company, cause it's impossible to find any investors who take games seriously. I think it's ridiculous that there's more game developers in Poland or Czech than in Holland.

I hope things don't stay this way, or I'll have to emigrate to get a job. I reaaally hope Guerilla's game will do well, so that Holland gets its first hit title. Lots of game developers popped up in Finland after the success of Max Payne.