View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 11:49 AM   #11
Jake
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

A mini-rant now appearing that is not intended to be personally directed at anyone (not directed at you either log p, but what you said just reminded me of something that made me happy)

Indeed there are different types of gamers. There are a ton of different types of gamers these days! I think that's great. Which is why not every game is going to appeal to every person anymore. BG&E isn't going to give someone something to do with the spare 80 hours of their life this month, and Dreamfall isn't going to appeal to people who only really like first person Myst clones. The wonderful thing is, there are enough gamers around now that this shouldn't be an issue. More game companies need to realize this, and stop trying to make their game appeal to everyone (or the warped sense of "everyone" created by the loud, small bunches of people on game site forums).

Picking up BG&E for $20, and being able to play through large portions of the story with enough challenge to make it fun but not so much that I had to repeatedly throw the controller down after a half hour and come back to it the next day is such a nice refreshing thing. It's nice that so many people around here have found it and enjoy it, but it's clearly not going to be for everyone. I hope people eventually stop worrying about that.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens