View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 07:59 AM   #1
Stinger
Retirement is stupid

Default Hype-O-Meter 8/13/04

The Hype-O-Meter is updated today. It was an extremely difficult one to put together, but here's how it shook out:

1. Dreamfall (unchanged) - Beyond how revolutionary it promises to be, we're that much more excited because we know Ragnar Tornquist is just good at this.

2. Fahrenheit (unchanged) - After the new trailer, this came veeeeeeery close to #1.

3. Myst IV (up 2) - Great new website, awesome demo, tons of mainstream media attention...and appears to be a flawless game as well. Should be a huge boost for the genre.

4. Moment of Silence (up 3) - English-language publisher finally announced, official website opens today. A breath of fresh air for third person fans.

5. Beneath a Steel Sky 2 (down 2) - Okay, we couldn't really keep it at #3 forever considering we barely know it exists. I promise it'll go up once Revolution actually says something about it.

6. Still Life (down 1) - Not anything against this game...just a matter of the games we felt had to go above it.

7. A Vampyre Story (down 3) - Sharp decline shouldn't be a reflection of the game, but rather a cool-down of the early hype. I would think this is as low as this game will go.

8. Sherlock Holmes: The Silver Earring (up 1) - On the eve of this game's release, Sherlock fans hope that the quirks in the demo won't spoil an amazing storytelling experience.

9. Booby Trap (down 1) - Meh. Still #3 on my personal Hype-O-Meter, but the fans just don't seem to be buzzing about it. Which isn't necessarily a bad sign, since we're not really the ones Jane Jensen is targeting.

10. Runaway 2 (new) - A knock-down drag-out fight between this, The Westerner, and Lost Paradise has Pendulo on top (and thanks for the exclusive concept art, guys).

React to me! Show me your lightning bolts! (that's only funny if you're listening to the same radio show as me, so ignore it, but at least I make myself laugh)

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."

Last edited by Stinger; 08-13-2004 at 03:14 PM.