View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 12:30 PM   #74
Sly Boots
Master of Time and Space

My first games were on the HC, as we call it here, I remember an olympic games simulator, a karate game, a motorcycle sim, and a couple of other arcades.

Then, in 1998, I got my first PC, a Pentium 233, and I never since then abandoned PC gaming (not a big fan of consoles).
Mortal Kombat 2 was my first game and I loved it (I still play MK3 sometimes).I'll list my first games by genre:

Arcade: Jazz Jackrabbit - sweet!, lots of levels
Sports: World Cup 98, played every other FIFA game since
Racing: Death Rally. I have never played a racing game to match it and it's 2004!
Strategy: Starcraft really got me going; I also remember AOE 1.
FPS: Doom 2 and Hexen, I liked Hexen more
RPG: Anachronox - I never liked RPG until I played Anox, and I still haven't found a better one. Bought a new PC just to play this game.
Sim City 2000 was my first game from the Sim/Tycoon games.

So where's Adventure? Well... the truth is I don't remember my first adventure game. It's either Hopkins FBI, Nightlong or Monkey Island 3. I know, pretty recent games, but I was young and unfamilliar to the adventure game concept.
Playing: Omikron: The Nomad Soul Next: Sanitarium Replaying: QFG IV: Shadows of Darkness, Grim Fandango, Syberia Waiting for: Max Payne 3, Deus Ex 3, American McGee's OZ, The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Fahrenheit, Anachronox 2 (if they ever make it)