View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 08:36 AM   #26
edlglide

Send a message via AIM to edlglide

Yeah...............I'm pretty sure the swordfighting won't be Monkey Island-esqe. *chuckle* But honestly, I would rather play the old version of Pirates for my Apple II GS than 99% of the games that have come out since then. It was incredibly addicting -- if the remake doesn't somehow lose that, they should have a huge hit on their hands.

Honestly, I think the fact that the two games I mentioned are made by Sid Meier and Peter Molyneaux shows something -- the game industry needs more people like them who are willing to create something new instead of rehashing old games. If you look at Sid Meier, a great number of games that have come out in the past 10-15 years are copies of something he originally came up with. Too many game companies and designers now just look at what made money for other people and copy it, rather than come up with something new and exciting on their own. But I suppose that does make good business sense -- why risk something that might flop when you can just copy something else and be almost guaranteed a nice profit?