View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 04:18 AM   #14
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mares
I picked dual lightsabers, you're right, so I'd look cool, but sometimes I would holster one of them, to take advantage of the single saber fight stances.
Unfortunately it didn't work that way, as soon as you pick dual sabers or staff saber, while you can holster one the single style you get is a castrated version of medium stance, none of the force power combo's work (you can't leap attack for example), and you can't change stances (heavy/medium/light) anymore, even though you previously learnt them.

If you stick with single saber you not only look good while running (the other stances force your animation to look constipated ), but you can use force pull and light stance to gut your opponents, medium and force jump to leap over bad guys while chopping at their head, and heavy + force jump from a long distance to cleave bad guys in two. Plus heavy stance always damages on hit even if they're blocking.

The only time I ever threw my lightsaber was while I had them hanging in the air from force grip, since they're holding their throat they can't block the saber.

I loved the customisation in Academy, I felt there should be more I ended up using the console to change player model tops so I could always use the Hoth outfit white jacket ala Princess Leia.