View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 02:37 PM   #15
remixor
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlue
I know the answer for this one. No. PC's will continue to be one step ahead of the consoles in terms of technical achievements. The consoles keep getting more and more like a pc, and if they eventually turn into a PC in spirit, well... we're back to where we started right?
Not really. It will always be easier for people to just buy a console from a store and know that any game they buy for that console will always work on that console. I suppose it's possible that consoles might eventually become upgradable and stuff, but if that happens I'm sure that whichever console does that will just fade out of existance and the straightforward ones will win out. Despise consoles like the Xbox being more PC-ish in infrastructure, they still work just like a console from the user's perspective: buy one, plug in the game, play game.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright