Thread: Doom 3 Gold!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 05:50 AM   #36
Kolzig
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

I'm using a nVidia card right now, I have always wondered what's all this talk about which is better making cards etc.

I really think that the game will play as good on both cards. The same will happen with HL2, Ati is marketing it with their cards etc., but the game will play as good on both cards, otherwise it would be just plain stupid move on the developer's behalf.

I just use one of them, both firms make great video cards.
Numbers mean actually nothing to me in these cases.

It's kind of same when some 3d game is previewed and all that is talk about are the polygon counts etc. ughhhhh...

But Doom3 is looking so promising that I really can't wait to play it.

The groundbraking use of light and shadows, the superb sound world, and the feeling of the good old Doom. *but this time with a real plot*

What more could anyone want from a fps game.

It's going to be so frigging scary&athmospheric to play the game in a dark room, headphones on and the volume on maximum.

BTW, caution to everybody who reads that Pc Gamer review, it contains many spoilers about what surprises the game will have.

So if you want to have a total fresh game experience like what I'm going for, don't read it.
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.