View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 02:20 PM   #68
mag

Send a message via AIM to mag

I don't think there's anything wrong with loving your home and the community you grew up in. But that's a different thing from something like a nation. After all, I would be insane to consider the entire United States or even all of Pennsylvania my home community. Even in my hometown of Pittsburgh, I don't know the vast majority of people. Also note that the differences you point out that people have have more to do with their ideas than their nationality. Granted people who live in the same area often tend to have similar ways of thinking, but you can hardly use that to judge every person in that country. I'm not saying that patriotism is always a bad thing. In many cases it's harmless. But it can also be extremely dangerous. I prefer to place my trust in individuals rather than nations.

Wow, did this thread get off topic or what?

On the original topic of summer movies, I think the best looking movies left to be released this summer are The Village and The Manchurian Candidate. And is anybody else a bit annoyed that a movie is being released of I, Robot, the story that was written because Isaac Asimov was sick of stories about killer robots turning on their masters, and it's about a killer robot turning on its masters?

mag