View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 06:47 AM   #33
Henke
Headbanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Spiderman 1 was awful, even the animated tv series did a better job of adapting the comic series. As for part 2, I've seen it and I cannot understand the hype. It's amazing how everybody just blindly accepts the movie's shortcomings and yells "What an entertaining experience!".
I sort of agree with you here. But then again I read a lot of comics when I was around 10-15 years old but I have totally lost interest in it now (with some exceptions). So I more or less find every movie with a muscular guy in tights to be kind of corny and very far from good.

The only superhero movie I remember as fairly good was the first Batman movie (except for The Crow which is an incredibly good movie). I was just a young lad then but I saw it a few years after its release and I liked it a lot (but that was a while ago ). I also really enjoyed the old TV-series about The Hulk, but the new movie was a catastrophe. Of course some of the comics that I totally worshiped when I was a boy have been made into movies (The Phantom, Judge Dredd and Spawn) and I enjoyed watching those but they are very far from good. But when it comes to Spiderman everyone seems to love it. That's weird!