View Single Post
Old 07-05-2004, 02:32 AM   #2
Marek
Puts the 'e' in Mark

I too loved Shrek 2, though I can see how it could not be everyone's cup of tea. It's a bit too saturated with parody, but I really did like it when I saw it. Some of the jokes are really good thanks to the great animation.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is bizarre and wonderful. Make every effort to see it! Amazingly, Jim Carrey does one hell of a job in this film. It took me 10 minutes just to figure out it was him. (I hadn't heard anything about the movie prior to seeing it.)

Fahrenheit 9/11 is ... well, it's become sort of necessary to see it, hasn't it? That's also how I would describe this movie: it's necessary. It's not the greatest achievement in filmmaking ever. It won't blow you away in that respect. Also if you have followed European or independent media, little of what is "revealed" in the film will be new to you. But it's still a very good sketch of what's going on in the world, and in the US specifically. I liked it a lot. It didn't keep me thinking for days, since I already pretty much agreed with most of it, but it was good nonetheless.

Are movies still dubbed in Poland? The only times I could watch a movie there is when friends of my neice had a DivX with polish subtitles. I couldn't go to movie theaters. Once I went to a Polish stage play that I obviously didn't understand ... it was the longest 2 hours of my life.

I really should start learning Polish