View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 03:20 PM   #58
remixor
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteRancor
1. Halo for sure. It's interesting to note that all the people who gush about it play the X-BOX version, and are CONSOLE gamers. I've played both X-Box and PC versions, and I think the PC version is better than the X-Box version, (WAY better controls,) but STILL isn't anything special. Hehehe. Those silly console gamers. "What's that? You had a great game of four-player deathmatch? That's nice. I played Capture the Flag with 32 people yesterday."
Ah, so more people=better game? Believe me, I'd rather play with 3 of my good friends than 31 total internet assholes. Being able to just have a few people over to the house and sit down and play a game immediately is a hell of a lot of fun, and only requires one console and one copy of the game. You can talk to each other in real time with real voices and talk trash right there if you want, free of assholes calling you "fagot" all the time (unless those are the sort of friends you have). Not to mention, Halo has multiplayer modes that go far beyond "four-player deathmatch" that I've never seen out of the box in any FPS, PC or console. I've spent plenty of time "gushing about it" and I play the Xbox version and I am a PC gamer. I play console games too, but consoles are a pretty minor part of my gaming time compared to the PC. You probably enjoy the PC version more because you're used to PC FPS games and it's just more natural for you.

Quote:
2. Starcraft. Good thing I live in the states, because if I was living in Korea I'd be fed to the wolves if I said that. I can't describe how much I HATE "Enemy-Starts-Much-More-Powerful-Than-You-And-Could-Crush-You-Instantly-If-He-Really-TRIED-To-Attack-So-You-Must-Build-A-Base-And-Slowly-Whittle-Away-At-Him" levels.
Since you said "levels" I assume you mean single-player. StarCraft is hardly lauded for its single-player. I'm sure plenty of people like it but the thing that's caused that game to stick around for 6 years is the multiplayer.

Quote:
3. 007: Goldeneye. You can't freaking JUMP, for God's sake! Why was this game considered so good? I admit, though, that it did have the best multiplayer available for the N64.
You've just answered your question about why N64 players enjoyed the game so much. Congratulations. If you aren't or weren't an N64 player (which seems likely due to your idiotic disdain for console players) then who cares? It's not for you.

Quote:
4. CounterStrike: Half-Life was the best game ever. CounterStrike was decent, but people, it's time to move on.
Why? Clearly if it's compelling enough that people still enjoy playing it there's no reason for them to move on.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright