View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 01:50 AM   #47
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Most of you have been saying like my favorite games here...
-Fifa isn't overrated. It might not be as good as it could be, but it's not said it's better than it is. It's well known how good it is, and it's strenghts are aspects like easy to play etc.
-Halo... Well, I don't really know about the computer version. I saw a bit of it once... Looked worse than I had imagined, but on XBox, until the flood, in my opinion it's mostly just as good as some say. And the multiplayer aspects are excellent in it too.
-KotOR, well IMO it's great and very addictive, but I don't know what to say... And this I also have on XBox...
-Well Half-Life revolutionized the whole fps-scene (or at least showed the way to do it). Considered when it was done, it was unbelievably good. Until Xen...
-Splinter Cell... Again, I don't really know what to say... It's magnificent, and beautiful (I haven't played it on computer though).

These I agree:
-GTA, especially 3. It doesn't have a good story, it mostly sells because in it you get to beat people dead (and some buy it because of the music)
-Starcraft, never really had any interest. From what I've seen, I'm still not very interested.
-Diablo (II). In a very good gaming magazine I get, proved Diablo has all the death sins (I don't know what you call them). It's true. OK, maybe the game isn't that bad, but the players at least ruin the whole thing.
-Warcraft isn't IMO anything special, just the same rts.

Well, I must admit, not that they're very overrated, but a bit are The Sims and Grim Fandango...