View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #137
chrissie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foinikas View Post
Yes you are right,publishers LOOOVE to play safe.For example EA(probably became from most loved to most hated company),Blizzard or even Activision.
Publishers are running a business & need to make money so they back the games that are guaranteed to cover their costs which unfortunately are bigger budget games that sell much better than Adventure Games that only appeal to a small fraction of the gaming market.

Personally I think there is a far larger potential for AGs but they are not promoted in the right places to appeal to the right audience. Ags made or adapted for Nintendo DS & especially for Iphones etc may eventually gain that audience in time - I keep my fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foinikas View Post
Yes publishers are to blame in many cases but I don't like the whole "beggar" attitude of kickstarter-using developers.Not towards the great Tim Schafer though
I tend to think that the idea of kickstarter & developers is of mutual benefit rather than one using the other. As for the "beggar" attitude - a beggar to me is someone that asks something from you where you gain nothing in return e.g. you can give money to a poor homeless person to contibute to whatever - end of story!

The kickstarter campaign is about backing a project for something in return & not about begging where you throw your money into a black hole! Whether it's begging or backing you have the choice or not to contribute so there's no harm in asking - if you don't ask you definitely won't get!