View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #171
talkshow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
Piracy is rampant, deal with it. I may pledge again (just canceled) when they dealt with the issue favorable to me, but I don't like to be treated that way when I help them to fund their damn game! Maybe other like to! If they want to fight piracy they should find measures that don't hurt their customers and are actually effective against piracy. Just including some ineffective DRM scheme so they can sleep better at night and worry less about all the dirty pirates, no, I'm not going to support that.

Amanita Design (Machinarium) and CD Projekt (The Witcher 2) also deal with piracy. And yet they don't hamstrung their products with DRM. And they're still in business! It's a small wonder! I wonder how they did that! Bah...
Why is activating it online such a problem? Everyone has an internet connection. It takes two seconds. Big deal! LOL.

Also, even if they have a DRM-free version for backers, all it takes is one of them to put it on the Internet. I just don't think that level of trust is there realistically.