View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
Kurufinwe

I don't like the Space Quest series. I find the humour unfunny and the puzzle design obnoxious. Still, I've played through the series several times, so I'll give my opinion anyway.

1. SQ5. The only SQ game I really, really like, probably because it's the least spacequesty of the bunch. Apart from the maze, it's a great game, with an interesting story and many endearing characters among Roger's crew.
2. SQ4. A few obnoxious sequences, but the story is intriguing and the time travel part fun.
3. I was going to write "SQ3", but then I remembered about all the part at Scumsoft, which was dreadful. So let's say "the first half of SQ3".
4,5. SQ1, SQ6? I have no emotional response whatsoever when thinking about SQ1, so I guess it didn't make me angry, but I certainly didn't enjoy it either. As for SQ6, the biggest feeling is that something constantly felt off about it (despite the puzzle design being less obnoxious than in most previous instalments), though I can't quite put my finger on what that was.
666. SQ2. There should be a special hell for whoever had a hand in that abomination. Strong contender for Trashiest Sierra Sequel Ever (though I don't think anything can beat KQ2 in that category).
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]