Hello,

A few off the top of my head would be..

* Medal of Honour. Call Of Duty etc.
* Morrowind (The Elder Scrolls 3)
* Deus Ex
* Dungeon Siege

Medal of Honour. Call Of Duty -etc
------------------------------------
I found games like MOH and COD overrated based on how some people were explaining they thought they were getting some profound insight and experience of war from these simple arcade games. Which I find plain silly. It really irks me that so many go for the 'most intense war experience yet' line and there seems to be this massive obsession with war, particuarly wwII.

Morrowind (The Elder Scrolls 3)
-------------------------------
Because of morrowind I really look forward to The Elder Scrolls 4. But morrowind itself fell short IMO. In the end the world was just too dead and uninteresting. I never got the impression that I was in a 'another place', if you know what I mean, a feeling I got strongly with games like Gothic and Outcast. Most quests were a simple variation of 'goto cave y and get item x' or 'goto cave y and kill person x'. The npcs were 'interactive text information kiosks' rather than things with any life or personality. The world was lifeless.

Deus Ex
-------
I found this game to be overrated because I thought it was just a poorly put together game and fell short on its hype on 'choice' and 'emergent gameplay' etc. Poor production values, broken gameplay mechanics, and (for me) boring cliche conspiracy theory story didn't endear it to me.

Dungeon Siege
--------------
Shallow, repititive, boring rpg that almost plays itself. The game didn't even have any rewards in terms of interesting new areas, story or cinematics...it just went on and on and on.

I liked DialboI/II, at least diablo had polish (as per usual for blizzard), style and player invovlement at all times (even if it was just clickety clickety)...but Diablo was bad enough on the 'dumb' front. When games start playing themselves, you have to wonder what the point is.

I think morrowind and dungeon siege were overrated, especially given that quality alternatives like Gothic, Divinity and Arx Fatalis that came out at around the same time went largely ignored.

And I feel bad mentioning Deus Ex, because while I do think it was overrated, especially given how Mr Warren et al talked up the 'choice/emergent' stuff which I felt wasn't as succesfull as claimed, I would be very happy with more fps that weren't 'the norm'.