View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:52 PM   #94
pcj

Send a message via AIM to pcj Send a message via MSN to pcj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
Uum, I'm not sure if you're replying to me or not, but I mentioned this specifically. Why shouldn't the kickstarter also try to appeal to non-fans?
Aye, I'm trying to avoid pointing fingers and stuff but there have been comments which seem to discredit Space Quest as a true adventure game (which is nonsense) and that anything from the authors will be similar. Well, either they never played Space Quest or they just don't like that sort of game, which is fine, but if Scott and Mark changed their recipe for them they would be alienating a bunch of other people (you can't make everyone happy).

Others say the pitch is too vague and I suppose miss the whole point of Kickstarter where the audience is funding a project essentially in the planning phase. One of the big plusses of the TGFA Kickstarter is the involvement of the fans in what they want to see. So where others see vagueness, I see opportunity.

Definitely new fans should be targeted, but I disagree with any sentiment that they should try to change their style of humor or playstyle design. If you don't like Space Quest, then I'm guessing you're not going to like this and no harm done. By all means, get Tex Murphy going. The more adventure games the merrier. (Just because you don't like it don't berate the ones who do, though)