View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #90
ozzie

Vagueness definitely wasn't a problem for the two most successful videogame kickstarters so far: Double Fine Adventure and Wasteland 2. Both of these campaigns had basically nothing to show, but that was enough to raise 3 million.

I tossed in 15$ for the two guys. I can't say I was ever a big fan of the Space Quest games and this whole business feels a bit like your favorite old rock band reuniting for another album and a concert tour twenty years later. How many times has this turned out great? Well...
Can you really expect great new things from past masters? From two guys who more or less might have lost touch? I feel the same way about Al Lowe. I have faith in Jane Jensen and even more in Tim Schafer, because both stayed involved in the game industry and in game design. But I dunno about the Andromeda guys.
Still, this might turn out to be fun, and I'm curious how this plays out. Probably decently, but I doubt they will break any new ground or create the best game ever! Might be good for a nostalgic throwback, though!