View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #79
Fien
Senior *female* member

Double Fine has already given me so much value for my money that even if the game turns out to be bad (I'm not saying it will!) I won't regret my pledge. The hype was wonderful; that pitch video was great; some of the update videos were too; I loved the first episode of the Making Of documentary, looking forward to the next one; I loved the blooper video; there are special forums for backers with fun threads, including the playthroughs; the video with the DF Greg guy showing off the T-shirts was great and I also got to vote on the color of the T-shirts.

It's probably not fair to compare DF to other Kickstarter projects, for more than one reason, but if you want to get people on board you have to make an effort. I've also noticed a trend at KS projects, at least some of the ones I have backed: other backers start criticizing you as soon as you start criticizing the lack of progress of the (funded) project. We're supposed to be supportive all the way, just deliver the money and then shut up, even if the project fails. Interesting.