View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #2160
Hoipolloi

Skyrim. But I feel I'm unlikely ever to finish it. It looks great, it feels cool, but it ravenously eats up time. Can't seem to get to the place I chose, too - blocked by mountains, stuck in lakes and caves.

No more need be said. One of the reasons I'm not seeing so much of the other two.

Bioshock (the original) - left it lying around for years, originally due to hardware problems, but also got turned off by the emphasis on violence in most of the hype. Hasn't really sucked me in, so far. The background story is intriguing, but the adventure element is superficial.

Outcry - The Dawn. One I wouldn't have finished without a walkthrough. Do electrical engineers REALLY think that way?
Very so-and-so game. Give me Mysty, slightly depressing wanderings and steampunk contraptions anytime! I liked the oblique ending, though I'm not sure I fully half-understood it.

I just finally finished the "Final Visit" in Scratches, too, after playing once again through the main game (now that I finally have the hardware setup that can handle a 3D pan without stutter ). The means by which you get rid of the "cat" makes the top ten of my LAMEST Contrivances in Gaming. Seriously, Agustin Cordes - you couldn't have come up with --
Spoiler:
a better-designed hole in the ground
?! Tz, tz.

Last edited by Hoipolloi; 05-05-2012 at 03:09 PM.