View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
diego

Default 2,1,3! (Playing a series out of order)

Is there any game series that you haven't played in a typical order of 1, 2, 3... ? How that happened? Which series do you think can be played in an untypical or reversed order and still be enjoyed, and which ones can't?

What motivated me to ask this is that now i'm preparing myself to play The Black Mirror. I've played only The Black Mirror 2, so now i'd have to play preferably The Black Mirror 1, and then TBM 3.

I'll start with some of my experiences - even though i did play Monkey Island 1 and 2 before, i think it was with Curse what motivated me to go back and finish them, and the Curse is often the one i recommend to the beginners, simply because of a more user-friendly interface, which will hopefully motivate them to play earlier games. As for Gabriel Knight, it was The Beast Within i started with.

Of course - some of these experiences span over many years, and it's different when someone simply wishes to play a particular game series at once.

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!