View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 05:32 AM   #21
Jatsie
Lovable rogue

I'm up to the start of the third chapter, and I keep hoping it'll get better.

There are a few things about it which annoy me so far:
  • Having to have subtitles on.
  • Having to click after each piece of dialogue, sometimes twice if the subtitles go onto a second page.
  • The delay before you start a conversation, because you have to watch the tiny 3D Morgane wave her arms about.
On the puzzle front, doing chores at the beginning is a rather dull introduction to a game, and I encountered a dialogue puzzle which only seemed solvable by chance; I went through so many combinations before I finally landed on the one which persuaded the character to do my bidding. I actually wasted a lot of time wandering off and trying other things, because I became incredulous at the thought that anyone would actually design a puzzle like that - and I use the term "puzzle" loosely.

I'm going to soldier on, but I can't help feeling that I'd probably have more fun spending time with a bottle of Captain Morgan, than on the computer with Captain Morgane.

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena