View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 05:32 PM   #4
Bard09
Babbling as Usual

Whew! For a minute there, I thought you were insinuating that I'd somehow plagiarized from your review. I'm glad that is not the case

I noted the similarities you mentioned as well, but I figured they were more universal critiques than having the same favorite puzzle (weird!).

I was bothered significantly by the ending. There are some critics that argue that The 6th Sense isn't a good movie because the twist at the end isn't strong enough to make up for the deficiencies of the first hour and a half of the movie. Though I tend to disagree with them, their critique of the movie is to some degree comparable with the ending of The Arrangement.

The only difference is that each scene in The 6th Sense was filmed with the ending in mind. With The Arrangement, I felt like it was the case of, "Damn, I need an ending. How to make it work, how to make it work..." As much as it compensates for some of the illogical choices, it insults the intelligence of the player so the story can be quickly resolved.

What stung so much about reviewing the game for me was that I could tell that Michael Clark was really striving for something great. I think if he continues to produce with the Adventure Maker engine, we'll be seeing some great titles in the near future. If he releases some quality demos and prices the full versions at $10-$15, I could easily see them taking off.

Hopefully, the reviews of The Arrangement will help Clark to see what he needs to improve on in the future. I'll be waiting