View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #173
Gonzosports
never stops believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terabin View Post
Huh. Al Lowe? Master yarn-weaver? ... Really?
I never said master yarn weaver. But capable, distinguished electronic storyteller, yes. Absolutely. And the ability to tell these fun, cartoon-like stories, these funny escapist little tales which deal with adult themes from a perfectly sympathetic adolescent viewpoint are intriguing to me.

I won't argue they're just made for giggles and poops, but I do believe and will support games which do that by putting them in the context of a narrative. Or do it creatively. And Lowe has done that. Obviously, it was a labor of love for him, using a new form of media to entertain people. It was novel and unique then, and unfortunately, the use of computers to tell stories has waned. To tell unusual stories beyond the simplistic stories BioWare engages in.

In it's own way, LSL is both a much simpler and more complex than Sheppard's tale inMass Effect.

Either that, or I'm just trying to justify spending so much money trying to recapture the experience of giggling at R-rated jokes on the family's Apple //c when I couldn't solve Suspect.

Seriously, Suspect is hard.