View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #13
Adventurere No.1
Advie.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepurhan View Post
I .
But more importantly, it's based on the film rather than the story Stephen King wrote with the same name. The film was originally released as "Stephen King's The Lawnmower Man", but he sued the makers and got his name removed. (IMDB trivia)

The King short story is a heck of a lot weirder, and almost certainly wouldn't work as a game.

I totally agree with you Mr.Steve as much as S.K sort of considerably overrated for being very Picky ,which is obvious mostly when disliked/disagreed with S.Kubrick's The Shining vision/version which is by all mean considered to be one of the best Movies of All time .... and by (one of), no!... not one of, but the Best Movie's director of all time! ..

I still respect him much and all the same as he is known for being the only author with such number of movies made based on his Novels and short Stories (they i guess would exceed 30 ones easily) but none of them were up to his writings except of course movies he took part in ,such as writing their screenplays, e.g(Stand,It,Children of the Corn ...etc)

SO when if comes to Stephen Kings Books being transformed into Adventure Games I think that imo wouldn't happen unless:
1st he is a big part of the making of that Game ,maybe writing the screenplay at least or to get such involved in it as it the way with J.J Adventures.
2 he is dead and then those Adventures would come out later on and they would on have this tag " based on Stephen King's ........ "on its cover

Last edited by Adventurere No.1; 04-26-2012 at 03:01 PM.