View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
MaFratelli
Mean Old Cat

Default Black Dahlia - Mouse Pointer Trails in Windows 7

Hello all!

I'm trying to play Black Dahlia in Windows 7 with an NVIDIA graphics card. I've found the two patches floating around the web and managed to get the game to work...

... EXCEPT for the fact that the mouse pointer leaves trails all over the screen when I move it!!

This is driving me crazy, and also crashes the game after a little while. From reading other posts on different forums, I've figured that the problem might lie in hardware acceleration, which I can't turn off in Windows 7 with my graphics card. I downloaded a DirectX Control Panel and tried to turn off DirectDraw Acceleration through that, but nothing happens then either. I run the game in Windows NT 4 compatibility mode, and have ticked the boxes for inactivating visual themes and inactivating desk composition in the properties for the .exe file. I just don't know what more I can do at this point.

Soooo... Anyone has any ideas for how to solve this? Might there possibly be any patches floating around that I haven't found...? Staying hopeful!