View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 07:54 AM   #24
jjacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolorabi
Ofcourse it isn't. But then, that isn't what the game is about, either.

(kind of like me saying: I didn't like Monkey Island. Playing a human cannonball isn't really my idea of fun)
Yeah but in Monkey Island you atleast got tarred'n'feathered!

Call of Duty (wasn't it bloody GOTY somewhere?)
Splinter Cell (doesn't matter which one)
Far Cry
The Sims
FIFA '98-'04 (how many years now? still not able to make a soccer game eh EA? )
Metal Gear Solid
Halo to some extent; I thought the single player was OK, especially when played co-op with two players, meant hours and hours of mindless fun for me and my friends Multiplayer was.. well I didn't think there was much of a MP mode - there were practically no (good) maps and it was very hard to see exactly what you're aiming at (my big ass widescreen divided into 2 screens - not that good, divided into 4 - near to impossible). And was this not a game overly hyped by the press for having AWESOME*#%@$F*€!~MULTIPLAYER&%$ mode? I mean when I read the first previews I got the distinct impression there would be a cool multiplayer mode where 200 players got together on one huuuuuge battlefield with vehicles and the lot, now I know they dropped this before release but I was still very much dissapointed that MP was such a huge screw up. I couldn't play the MP for more than fifteen minutes before getting extremely bored, unfortunately my friends held on a little longer

Also, did someone dare to say NOLF? I can't find it now but I could swear someone mentioned nolf, grrr.. bastards..