View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #68
TimovieMan
Filmfreak

It all boils down to what suits the game best, imo.
I can't imagine another viewpoint or camera system for games I've played, nor do I want to imagine that. Whatever the developer had in mind, should be what the game uses...

That said, for adventure games I do have a preference for the third person view, and then specifically the point-and-click content-sensitive camera, because you can take in more of your surroundings in one screen (you don't have to look around to see the entire room), because you can actually *see* the character you're playing with (it's never me anyway), and because it often gives the developers more freedom in terms of camera placement and allround stylistic creativity.

What I like the least is a first-person perspective with "panoramic nodes". Mainly because the transition between two nodes is far too artificial and often takes too much time.
But that doesn't mean that I automatically hate a game that uses this. If it suits the game, it's all good for me.

The more diversity we see in viewpoints, camera systems, graphical styles, gameplay designs, etc. the better off we are...
If all games would look and play the same, it'd be really dull...