View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 PM   #53
TheCthulhu

Third person for me all the way. I dislike first person with a passion and will only play them if I'm REALLY excited about the subject matter. I prefer 3rd person shooters over first person as well.......and even more so in adventures.

First person in games, after all, isn't like the first person view you experience in real life. You have limited or no view whatsoever of your appendages, you can't move your head to look around, and you have no peripheral vision. You also can't tell where sounds are coming from. It takes me out of the game and makes the game world feel unrealistic, restricted, and claustrophobic for me.......especially if there is action involved.

I suppose a lot of my hatred for these games stems from the original first person adventure games that came out like Myst. I hated that all I was treated to was a series of static images and that there wasn't a true three dimensional world to enjoy and move around in. I found it unacceptable then, and annoying now - even with improved gameplay and more freedom of movement and view.......

Can't stand them.......