View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 10:27 PM   #1
Adventurere No.1
Advie.1

Default Three Decades of Adventure Gaming (analizing) ...,would not do it myself

i already started writing an article about three decades of adventuring where i notice that every decade of those past years of Adventure has some sort of Characteristics on it own
analyzing
i started to write about the 80's and left the 90's and 00's for later on, though i found it good for my skills (which are poor) in writting more being nostalgic as the usual ... so i want to do that and i need your to put out hand on the three decade that pasted and maybe at the end we can see/write about how the fourth would be ... here is what i wrote (DRAFT).
so far

80's: those years with no hesitating or a 2nd thought are the years Of Sierra and Ken Williams we surly can not forget the great impact of LucasArts too through the last of that decade , and as much as their time was not such big period in the 80's (only 3 years) but it was much so great.

so how can someone describe the start of Adventure Games through the 80's, i guess this would take a whole book to be stated fairly , so i will say it was the birth of the genre the accompanied also with the birth of IBM and PC technology/interface,
i can tell that all people worked at this era/decade to create adventure games where like REAL great artists, making an impossible dream, fighting all the odds and if i am not extracting they where giving a message to the world that all those Cassette and Cartridge's platforms with nothing but some games that simulate your reflexes without any space/use for the mind of the player and the need for thinking, just to hit the button at the right time,just big a waste of time i must say ...
sometime (even now) i hear someone would say this game was not bad it killed/passed the time and i how much i hate to hear it ,because those people of that era were no less than Movie Directors and Great Novelists and maybe more.

ok if i talked about 80's more then i will never talk about anything else, i wished this would not lead me to nostalgia but ... here it is.
from text phaser to that with graphics to point and click and mouse usage! i can say clearly the 80's wrote down the roles , the dictionary of Adventure gaming.
... i have to stop here .

90's: are the years of gaining the time for getting rewarded for everything that happened back at the 80's ... when you think you seen it all , the 90's comes with a great number of developers and designers that bloomed , glowed and shined , sierra was evaluating more and had the best achievement same as Lucasarts was booming and many other showed then, with ideas they(sierra&Lucas) had never even thought of .. the breakthrough of Myst and Riven and the selling numbers they made just put Adventure gaming to top of its time .. if someone did think that the 80's were just a experiment then all that have changed in the 90's ....

.................................................. ..................

Ok that what i wrote and you can throw it in the garbage or try to help me to get something good out of it... i am thinking that 3 or 4 would work on this and everyone would take an era/decade that he/she thinks sees it more deeply and at the end we can write something good which might evaluate Adventure gaming and also may determine the fourth upcoming decade of adventure games

if you have any bad shit any kinnda of depressing trolling post i will be glad to hear because i am sure more will have better things to say.

P.S: i did speak easily as this is what i am good at i do not have a big vocabulary to phrase or point to some scientific expression ,sorry.

Last edited by Adventurere No.1; 04-12-2012 at 10:08 AM.